Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I feel proud to be a MOM

Being a mother is both an honor and a challenge.....

I took it as an honor. Still people say that why you tell it to everyone that you have a 5 yrs old son..can't you hide it....People will think that you are growing old now, your young days are gone...Attitude of people will change towards you...and bla bla bla...What rubbish na...I only smile after listening all this.

I still remember my first day on job in Mumbai as a Live chat sales executive in Andheri. First day itself my manager asked me - Are u married ? I said yes and complimented my statement with a good news that I have a 5 months old son too. He and all other members of staff looked at me in such a way as if I had done some crime or what....and the manager said," If I would have known this, I would not have appointed you"....Just imagine how I would have felt that time when he told this to me in front of whole staff but I was least bothered...The feeling of being a Mom was much greater than his stupid words.

I started working when my son was just 5 months old. I still remember that every morning how tough it was for me to leave him, his smiling face, small hands..everything stopped me from going on work but just one thing which was his "future" gave me courage to leave home....I used to cry in train but in such a way that nobody should see me, tears should remain just behind my specs.....even after reaching office as I was just an executive that time, it was not allowed to call often at home...so I used to hide somewhere and talk to my mother-in-law just to know how is my son. I just wanted to listen his voice once.

And in the evening, I used to run like anything as I had to feed him. No matter how much traffic was, how much rush was there in train...I just had to see him...Everyone used to ask me, why are you running....but I had no reply. After reaching home, I used to feel as if I got my life back.

Still even after all these things, my work never got affected. I worked for more than one year in that company and got promoted first as Senior executive and then as Research Analyst. And I still remember that when I was giving my resignation, that same manager told me,"Don't go, you are an asset for our company"...

That phase of my life taught me lot many things and I really thank god to support me always...:)

5 comments:

  1. thats damm sweet naman is lucky to have a mom like you , if every mother takes her mother hood as an honor and not as a burden or a responsibility every child will have the best mom, its such a wonderful felling can just imagine it after seeing you here daily the glow the happiness on ur face when u talk about him,his small innocent talks his mischief his achievements ur so proud to be his mom...may you both always be happy and connected in the same way throughout life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite interesting. Gud to see u penning down thoughts so beautifully. Great patch.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews